People put their houses up for sale all year long. As a result, there are many things that they take into consideration prior to putting the sign in the yard. One of these is whether or not to paint any part of the inside or outside to give it greater sales appeal. This article should help you make the right decision.
- Painting your property inside or out can spruce it up and make it a more inviting place to visit for the prospective home buyer. Getting customers in the door is the first step towards selling!
- Painting your property can potentially increase its value. In other words, an interior or exterior paint job can yield a greater return on your investment (ROI) – meaning the cost of the paint job could result in more money for the sale.
- Painting your home’s exterior gives it greater curb appeal. This is important not only in getting buyers to look at your home but also having those same potential customers think about the home in terms of its value. A freshly painted home is worth more to the buyer and the seller. Be sure to choose a neutral color that will enhance the home’s look without making it stand out for the wrong reason.
- A home that has dingy interior walls with peeling paint or similar problems will turn a customer away even if they like what they see on the outside. Most potential homeowners will look at a house with an eye towards making it their own and redoing it to their taste. That means that even if you paint the interior or portions of it, the buyer may come in and repaint or wallpaper. But fresh clean walls help the buyer look at the interior and see how they can remodel it to their taste. Dirty, peeling paint will turn the customer away in many cases. Remember, again, if you do paint the interior to use neutral colors or white. These are easy colors to paint over if a buyer wants to do so.
- Don’t take those pictures you intend to use to promote your property before you have spruced up the place. The whole point of painting is to improve your chances of appealing to potential buyers.
- Don’t feel obligated to repaint everything. Only paint those areas that you believe will look better when refreshed.