New Paint Technology And Trends
Every industry has to continue to innovate in order to remain relevant and the paint industry is no exception. Changes in environmental and healthcare industries have driven changes in many home décor products including carpeting and paint.
People are more and more aware of the impact of everything we put in, around, or on our bodies. Home should be a place where we’re safe from pollutants and other contaminants. The toxic effects of paint on our health have been documented and are pointed to as the source of many common ailments for both people and animals. One of the biggest concerns about paint are VOCs, or volatile organic compounds. VOCs can cause physical symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, visual problems, and respiratory distress. Symptoms as serious as memory loss have been attributed to VOCs.
Having plants in your home can improve the air quality, but why not get to the real source of the problem and give your home’s interior a fresh coat of paint? Eco-friendly paint, that is. There are a number of good, eco-friendly options to choose from. They may be a bit more expensive, but in the long run, your health is worth the price.
Three well-known paint manufacturers, Sherwin-Williams, Behr, and Benjamin Moore, all have eco-friendly paint options readily available.
1. Sherwin-Williams Harmony paint line is VOC-free and works with other household products to improve air quality.
2. Behr’s Premium Plus paints are VOC-free with paint and primer all in one.
3. Benjamin Moore’s Natura products are VOC-free, as well as asthma and allergy-friendly.
As our society becomes more aware and more concerned with environmental issues established companies are developing new product lines and innovative newcomers are introducing new technologies into the marketplace.
1. The Real Milk Paint Co. products are different from water and oil-based paints. They’re made from real milk protein and instead of a liquid are often sold as powder.
2. Earth Pigments markets another great alternative to conventional paint. They’re sustainable because they are mineral and plant-based.
3. Bioshield products are eco-friendly, solvent and VOC-free paints and wood stains suitable for interior and exterior use.
At University Painters, we can help you select eco-friendly paint options that will not only beautify your home, but protect your family’s health and well-being. Contact us today at 800-390-4848 for a free consultation.